You are trying thick and thin to lose weight, right? So you get some good shoes for running so as to beat off those excess pounds of weight. However, another problem arises. You get overpronation of the feet.
Overporonation is a condition whereby the feet roll inwards as one steps on the ground. With this condition, your running efficiency is greatly reduced and you also stand a chance of injuring yourself during a run.
To get us started, here’s a few ways of determining if you are overpronated or not.
- You can visit a podiatrist for purposes of having him analyze your gait. This method will give you the most accurate results of the pronation test.
- Another way to go about this is to have a look at your shoes, which you use when walking or running, and see where they have worn out the most. If the shoes are worn out on the inner part of the sole, then you are over-pronated.
- Lastly you can do the ‘foot print test’. For this test, dip your foot/feet in some shallow water to wet the sole of your feet. Then you step on a floor or a piece of paper that will show your footprint once you step on it. If the wet strip is more than half the width of your foot, chances are you over-pronate.
Overpronation running shoes features
- The pair of shoes should have more support and better cushioning that those of a person of neutral pronation.
- Availability of added cushioning and a means of absorbing shock at the heels. This can be provided by, for instance, by having a heel wedge.
- The midsoles should be firm for better arch support.
These are not all the features that you should look out for. Moreover, manufacturers will have varying technologies and go on to give them fancy names. This can be even more confusing.
However, a review such this one for best running shoes for treadmill will point you in the right direction towards getting a pair of overpronation running shoes. Therefore, it becomes much easier to make your decision on which pair of shoes to buy.
At the same time, you need to make sure that the shoe is diabetic healthy.